Monday, April 14, 2008

A Birthday Party, A Cancelled Appt. and a New Hobby

Thao, My Host Sister
Jenni, My Host Mom and I
Jenni and I

On Sunday my host mom, along with my sister celebrated my birthday (belated) as well as Jenny's. It was a very nice gesture on their part and I can say that Jenny and I both had a lot of fun. Monday I had an appointment with the vice president of a private tourism company. He is a French man who married a Vietnamese woman. They both opened this company together. He canceled on me because of some conflict but now I am meeting him today. Hopefully I will get some "useful" information out of him that will aid me in writing my ISP! Besides this I seem to have picked up a new hobby, kite flying. I seem to do it everyday. I have to ride my bike to the park near the river which is about a 15 minute bike ride which is not too bad. The difficulty of my trip is always going over this bridge that allows me to go there. The bike riding finally took its toll and this morning I am so exhausted! In addition, this may seem random but, I don't think I am digesting my food very well. I don't know why, but recently I haven't been able to eat breakfast which I always do since I have been here...

I know in the end things will work out with my ISP but I can't help but feel some anxiety because of it. Everyday is getting hotter and hotter and I broke out in a rash because of it. So even though I know things will work out today my mood is not as good as I would like it to be. I am grouchy, tired and uncomfortable but I am doing my best to not lose my temper at people who don't deserve it. I just say forget it and walk away. I have to control my temper today. Less than a month left till I go home! (I am so excited!)

1 comment:

David said...

I'm so glad you got to celebrate your birthday :D That cake looks amazingly good.

I don't think i've flown a kite since i was about 8 or so. That sounds like a fun (and nicely inexpensive) hobby.

Keep up the good work, and see you in a little over a month. Missing you!

<3 Tiina (this is from david's computer, so i think it's going to say that it's from david. :P)

 
;