Wednesday, May 25, 2011

This is Reality

My brain feels like it's going to overload. Exams, training, learning the job on the Hill and"math camp for Columbia U". I've been writing so much on a daily basis that I seriously think that it will get to a point where it's just going to feel like I'm doing a chore.

What have I learned so far? I probably never want to run for public office and deal with constituents. Really, you are writing to me because you are concerned about us purchasing bottled water?! I apologize for not caring but I don't think I'd enjoy being at the mercy of "constituents". Not to mention, everyone is so busy that sometimes I feel like I am talking to a robot. I ask a question it responds and that's it. No time for intellectual conversation, and those damned alarms! Every time members have to vote on the floor, the alarms go off. Plus, let's face it...it's just not a sexy career. Now State, that's sexy.

Note: Please don't misunderstand though, this does not mean that I hate my internship. I simply don't have a strong sentiment toward it. However, I am glad to be doing it because it just confirms to me that this is not the kind of career that I would want to pursue and I wouldn't have known otherwise. Got to always look at the positive!

No comments:

 
;