Friday, October 14, 2011

Grad Students are Sad People

Ok, nearly half way into the semester I have realized....the grad students around me are sad people. Seriously, what is wrong with these people? Stop complaining and stop making excuses, please! They say, "oh I'll do x, y and z when I get a handle on my schedule" or "maybe next semester". My questions is, why not start now?

Take some risks, even if they are calculated risks. Who cares if you sleep a little less or if you don't think you are good enough? If you want to do something set forth and do it. People who don't even have all their limbs or who don't have our first world luxuries have done so much with so little...I think that the issue here is that, many people lack perspective, that, or in their frenzy tend to forget what's important and why they are here. Good grades are important but what did I intend to do upon entering a premier university? I want to make a difference and I want to make an impact on this world. I can't do that if I allow my workload to stop me from enjoying and living life! Or perhaps, I am thinking more like a second year student already?...

No comments:

 
;