Monday, May 28, 2012

First Weekend: Lady Gaga Look Alike Contest and More!

On Saturday, I went out for some Chinese which was tasty and afterward, went with my roommate to the club known as "Immigrant". It didn't really have a club feel as it was more like a lounge, the music super old (but good) and the drinks at NYC prices (now that's just crazy). Anyway, it was enjoyable but I don't think I will be coming back here. The upside was that the location had a great view of the city which was appreciated. Hopefully, I will be able to try out some other neat nightlife while I am here.

View of the city from top of "Immigrant" (blackberry vr)
On Sunday, I went with my roommate to EX which is connected to Plaza Indonesia. It has more entertainment related activities along with food. We happened to be there on the day that there was a Lady Gaga look alike contest which was interesting. It seemed to me like there were more young boys dressed in drag than there were girls and I found this amusing. Overall, very enjoyable to watch the Indonesians rock out to Lady Gaga songs. I am sure they will be unhappy when they find out that Lady Gaga cancelled her concert here. Aside from the contest, we also went bowling with others from the embassy and some of their friends. I was very bad at bowling but enjoyed it nonetheless. Something important to note is that I am feeling better health-wise and no longer have trouble breathing! I guess I will stay on this treatment until I go back home to the States.

 Gaga's" Little 'Indonesian' Monsters
Today, since it was a long weekend I decided to go shopping with one of the girls who I work with. We also had lunch with two other co-workers of ours at Sushi Tei. It was really fun to grab food from the conveyor belt not always sure of what one was picking. I think I may have done this once in the States, but if I did, it must have been a long time ago because I don't remember doing it. Overall, a fun first weekend in Jakarta! Can't wait for next weekend when I will be flying to Yogyakarta for the wedding of one of my friends and fellow Seeple, Gerri!

At Sushi Tei with Friends

No comments:

 
;