Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Slow Weekend Was Needed

Yesterday some of the Rangels and I went to Yards park to relax. We got some food, took in the sun and just listened to some Caribbean music (basically reggae). It was very chill and enjoyable. Later that night, some of the Rangels came over to play Risk with my roommate Ashley (she's the one with the cute flower dress below).
If you have never played Risk, the primary object of the game is "world domination," or "to occupy every territory on the board and in so doing, eliminate all other players."

I suppose that is what diplomats in training do when they want to stay in and have a fun time. I think it's kind of funny since we have to promote peace and collaboration among nations!Sadly, I didn't play with them because I was trying to finish my security clearance application. It never seems to end!

Unfortunately, this morning I woke up sick. I had some professional development stuff to do today through our program with the rest of the Rangels from 10am to 4pm. I survived, but not unscathed. My throat is killing me and I feel weak. While everyone is out today celebrating gay pride with Grant, I am here alone :( It's okay though...I made myself some ramen and drank some dayquil. Henry is keeping me company over Google chat. Good dutiful boyfriend.


At Yards Park


Playing Risk

No comments:

 
;